NUTS AND BOLTS
- Our print issues are on an indefinite hiatus. All submissions will be considered for online publication.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcomed and encouraged. Just let us know if your work has been accepted elsewhere.
Big Lucks is excited to announce that an anonymous donor has helped double our design budget. We're looking for a LGBT-QIA Person of Color to help us work on Joshua Jennifer Espinoza's forthcoming Big Lucks chapbook, Outside Of The Body There Is Something Like Hope.
- **The designer must identify as an LGBT-QIA person of color.**
- The artist's previous books had bright/neon color palettes. We'd like to go in a different direction for this project. The artist is hoping to see something that is "stark, but with hints of warmth."
- The interior layout will be designed by the publisher, so don't worry about having bookmaking experience.
- We're just looking for artists to work with, so you do not have to submit a final design or comp! **PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT SPEC WORK!**
- This contest is designed to be open-ended and fun. Do not contact the author for any more specific design direction. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline: June 25th, 2018 at Midnight EST
- Payment: $300
- Decision Process: 5-10 designers will be selected by the Big Lucks editoral staff; Joshua Jennifer Espinoza will pick her favorite portfolio.
- Submission Fee: none!
- Go To Print date: July 31st, 2018